A Physio bike fit is an assessment of you and your bike.
- We then take measurements of your bike set up. Depending on the findings from your movement screening, we use this information along with your expectations from the session to make changes to the bike. All changes made are guided by transparent objective data. This data comes from the GebioMized saddle pressure mapping system and high quality camera. Saddle pressure mapping is an accurate method of determining the optimal position of the saddle on the basis of pressure distribution at that contact point. We can tell if the pelvis is unstable, and/or if there are areas of high pressure causing saddle related symptoms. This technology is also used to help choose the saddle type that suits the rider.
- You will be recorded cycling your bike and video analysis is carried out to show any inefficiencies in your technique. GebioMized video software is used to carry out the dynamic bike fit. A dynamic bike fit measures angles during motion, making it a more accurate bike fit compared to using static measurements only. The software puts all your measurements into a neat pdf file and this will be emailed to you.
- A home exercise programme addressing any deficiencies will be prescribed. The risk of over-use injuries are also greatly reduced by ensuring your musculo-skeletal system is performing sufficiently.
- Additional extras : Nutrition consultation, resting metabolic rate testing and VO2Max testing using metabolic gas analysis, pedal analysis using leomo motion sensor technology and body fat measurement using calipers are all available.
A Physio bike fit is an assessment of you and your bike. The bike will be adjusted to fit you, and you will be guided to work on aspects of your body to improve your cycling experience and prevention of injury down the road.
I have recorded online presentations on:
- Turbo training at home, the do’s and don'ts
- FTP and the energy systems explained
- Solving common cycling injuries and saddle issues