Ride The Reeks Bike Tour
Small group of 4
- Friday to Sunday, 28th to 29th August
- VO2Max testing will take place at the clinic in Cork in the weeks leading up to the Ride the Reeks weekend.
- Make your way to the cottage in Glencar for 6pm on the Friday 27th, buffet provided
- 1st day cycle (70km), we ride around the outskirts of Carrauntoohill including
Ballaghbeama pass, Gap of Dunloe, the Black Valley and back to Glencar
- Dinner on the Saturday at the local pub/restaurant (The Climber's Inn)
- 2 night stay at cottage on farmstead in Glencar, breakfast included.
- 2nd day (100km) to include Ballaghisheen pass, Waterville, Ballinskelligs, Portmagee, Caherciveen and back to Glencar.
- There will be an emphasis placed on bike handling, cornering, riding in a group and
general tips on cycling throughout the weekend.
- There'll be plenty of opportunity for Q and A on various topics, bike fitting, nutrition,
and scientific training principles
- There will be craic!
Important: You must be a member of Cycling Ireland before joining this tour. This tour is for cyclists who have completed these distances and steep climbs before and who can comfortably manage an average speed of 23km/hr over 70-100km.
The price for the weekend : 390 EUR
Breakfast x 2 and Dinner x 1: €30
Gas analysis fitness testing using the PNOE unit: €130 (includes detailed report)
Guided Cycle x 2 : €90